The Real Recovery is calling everyone to sign the petition to Parliament. Anyone who values his or her right to enjoy the fruit of their hard work- their homes, should sign the petition.
The Real Recovery Petition is saying:
- You should be free to live where you want, red-zoning takes away your freedom
- You should be free to choose to repair or rebuild, red-zoning forces you to move.
- Buyout offer should be made only if you are interested, not be forced on you if you aren’t interested.
- A truly voluntary ‘offer’ should give you a viable alternative, not come with threats of cutting off your power and water if you refuse.
- A truly ‘fair’ offer should be made at fair market value, not a take-it-or-leave-it tactic.
- A truly ‘fair’ offer should be made to everyone forced to move, not bugger-you-uninsured-grannies.
- Real ‘recovery’ should help you if you need help, not condemn your land first, ask questions later.
- Real ‘recovery’ would make sense, not forcing you out of your undamaged home.
The Real Recovery Petition is asking our Parliament to tell the government:
- Halt the coercive red zone ‘offers’.
- Modify the buyout offer to a genuinely voluntary one.
- Respect the wishes of those uninterested in moving.
- Grant the wishes of those interested in a buyout, based on scientific findings.
- Guarantee power, water, sewer, and roading availability to all who wish to stay.
- Base buyout offer price on pre-event fair market values.
- Allow interested sellers to seek independent valuation of their homes.
- Only allow a buyout to go ahead when both buyer and seller agree on a fair price.
- Extend buyout offer over several years to alleviate housing shortage.
- Compensate those who sold their homes to the crown at unfairly low prices.
- Fix our broken roads and bridges now.